Dental Crowns in Hallam
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are well-known for their ability to create attractive smiles, but they can also be used for various other purposes. The following are some of the advantages of dental crowns:
Save a Damaged Tooth:
Your teeth may be damaged due to trauma, stress, and tooth decay. Therefore, dentists must act quickly to preserve the patient’s teeth. Our dental team may recommend dental crowns for your damaged teeth to protect them from further damage.
Protection from Tooth Decay:
Dental decay can cause you severe pain. With the help of dental crowns, they may be easily avoided. Dental crowns can serve as a treatment because they form barriers between teeth and stop harmful bacteria from spreading further to other healthy teeth.
Covers Flaws in Your Teeth:
Dental crowns can fill in the gaps between your teeth and give them a more beautiful appearance. They’re frequently used to hide crooked, chipped, or discoloured teeth. This is why many dentists recommend dental crowns to patients with huge gaps in their teeth.
Compared to fillings, inlays, and onlays, crowns are stronger and more durable. In comparison to other cosmetic treatments, crowns are the most long-lasting option. In fact, they are even more durable and long-lasting than dental veneers and dental bonding.
Why Choose Narre Warren Dental Care for Dental Crowns In Hallam
If you're looking for a dentist in Hallam, Narre Warren Dental Care is the place to go.
We offer state-of-the-art technology and dental treatments for you. We have a wide range of treatments to suit your dental needs, whether you want crowns, veneers, implants, teeth whitening, or dentures.
At Narre Warren Dental Care, we understand how important it is to have a good smile. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us because our team of experts will provide you with high-quality dental services that will help you achieve your dream smile!
Do you want to learn more about our dental services? Call us at (03) 9796 8888 or make an online appointment!
Book A Dental Check Up Today
Frequently asked questions
A dental crown usually requires two dental visits. During the first appointment:
- The dentist will examine your tooth and determine whether it’s strong enough to handle a crown. On the first visit, your dentist may begin filing down your teeth’s surface to prepare for the crown.
- If the tooth has been severely damaged or broken, it may need to be filled so that a crown will fit correctly.
- Your dentist will first file your teeth into the correct shape. Then, the dentist takes an impression of your teeth that can be used to create a mould where your permanent crown can be fabricated and fitted.
- Temporarily crowning a tooth after it has been broken can help protect your smile until the permanent crown is put in place.
When your perfect dental crown is finally ready, you’ll have a second visit with your dentist. At this appointment, your dentist will remove your temporary crown and replace it with your customised dental crown that matches your teeth.
Crowns are used for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- For restoration of decayed, chipped, or cracked teeth
- Covering dental implants
- Protecting weak teeth
- Filling a tooth with a large filling
- Providing support for a dental bridge
- Placing a dental crown over a discoloured tooth or misshapen tooth
Dental crowns can help you get a healthy smile by protecting your teeth from dental damage and making your teeth look better.
Crowns can be classified into five different types:
- Porcelain Fused to Metal: The material is a strong dental fibre that lasts for years. It has a metal framework that makes it durable and long-lasting.
- Ceramic (porcelain crowns): Because they look like real teeth, ceramic crowns are a great way to fix damaged teeth and restore your perfect smile.
- Gold Alloy: These are the most durable dental crowns, which means they can protect your teeth from breaking or wearing away. This will help prevent any additional damage to healthy teeth nearby.
- Porcelain-Veneered Zirconia: Zirconia has been around for a long time, and it’s still one of the most popular materials used in dental work. It can withstand more rough treatment than other materials, making this ceramic-like material look natural on your teeth while also being durable enough to last a long time.
- Base-Metal Alloy: One of the strongest materials, next to gold. It doesn’t wear down your teeth, and these materials are gentle on your gums. Base-metal alloys don’t require much tooth removal.
Your smile can look as good as before with the help of a dental crown. Their design allows them to withstand biting forces and chew, just like natural teeth. You can expect your dental crown to last just as long as any other healthy tooth, as long as you keep an eye on it for signs of deterioration due to aging.