Restore Your Smile With Dental Implants in Hallam
Benefits of Dental Implants
Prevents Jawbone Deterioration: When you lose your teeth, your jawbone mass deteriorates as well. Dental implants are important for those who have several missing teeth. This will help you to keep the strength and structure of your bone tissues by giving them adequate stimulation. That’s why a dental implant is a life-changing choice for individuals who have missing teeth.
Improves Your Chewing Ability: Dental implants are superior to other tooth replacement options because they are anchored into your jaw with screws. The titanium posts replace the natural roots of your teeth, allowing you to chew properly. Other alternatives, like dentures, sit on top of the gum line, which weakens your bite over time because they don’t stay in place. This can cause misalignment issues for your other teeth, too.
It Looks Natural: Whether you want a single tooth or a whole set of natural-looking teeth, dental implants are available in various forms and sizes to complement your overall appearance.
If you have a lot of missing teeth and wide gaps in your mouth, you may feel self-conscious about smiling. With the aid of your dentist, you can choose an implant that matches the colour of your neighbouring teeth.
Lowers Risk of Dental Cavities: Dental implants are a great alternative because they’re made of titanium, so you never have to worry about getting cavities.
Helps You To Speak Clearly: Dental implants can also help you to pronounce words easily. It helps you talk comfortably without any worries.
Provide Support to Adjacent Teeth: Crooked smiles are often caused by a gap in the mouth. You can fill the gap in your teeth caused by tooth loss with dental implants. A dental implant is like the root of a natural tooth. This keeps other teeth from shifting or misaligning, so they stay in place.
Low-maintenance: Dental implants are easy to maintain on a daily basis. They only require normal brushing and flossing. Dental implants are permanently attached to your mouth, so they do not need to be removed to be cleaned.
Flossing and brushing dental implants are the same as brushing your natural teeth. It may take a few tries to get used to flossing your implant, but you’ll soon get used to it, and you’ll appreciate how easy it is.
Better Alternative To Dentures: In comparison to dentures, dental implants require fewer visits to the dentist because they are easier to maintain. In social situations, implants never fall out while you’re speaking or laughing. Additionally, they look and feel more natural than dentures.
Retain your facial structure: One of your teeth’s functions is to support the structure of your face. Losing one or more teeth leads to a change in the shape of your face, making you appear older than you were before. When your teeth are missing, dental implants act as a replacement. This helps to keep your face from changing in any way.
Why Choose Narre Warren Dental Care for Dental Implants In Hallam?
Book A Dental Check Up Today
Frequently asked questions
The cost of dental implants can range from $2,500 to over $3,000. If a patient had a tooth extraction and needed a new set of teeth, there would be additional costs associated with necessary dental treatments.
The average cost of all-on-four dental implants is between $23,000 and $27,000 per fixed arch. With All-on-4 dental implants, you don’t have to wait a long time.
Because implants are expensive, some insurance policies do not cover them. Before you agree to any treatment plan, you might want to check with them to make sure they cover all your expenses.
Dental implants take time to be done properly. Usually, the process takes over a month, but it’s worth the wait. These are the steps of a dental implant surgery:
- Oral Examination: Before placing your dental implants, your dentist will perform an oral examination to check your dental and medical health.You are not a good candidate for dental implants if you smoke, have gum disease, dry mouth, or have poor bone density.
- Jaw Preparation: To get dental implants, you may have to get a few treatments to make sure that you are in good condition. You might need to have surgery to remove your bone, perform a sinus lift, and remove your teeth, which will make it even longer.
- Implant Placement: It is important to provide your teeth with a sturdy foundation for the dental implant. In this procedure, the first step is to place a post inside the jawbone that will be fused directly to the implant.
- Abutment Placement: An abutment must be attached to the implant after it has stabilized. Before your dentist can take an impression of your dental crown, newly exposed tissues must heal for a couple of weeks.
- Permanent Crown attachment: After the tooth implant procedure is finished, your dental crown will be cemented firmly to an abutment for a more secure attachment.
- Endosteal Implants: Endosteal implants are the most common type of dental implant due to their suitability for many patients. However, these types require a healthy jawbone and can only be placed in people who have solid teeth, or else they will not grow appropriately.
In endosteal implants, a post is shaped like a screw and is used to attach false teeth without having to use wires or clasps. Once the surrounding bones fuse, it takes around six months for new dentures to form enough strength to hold themselves securely.
- Subperiosteal Implants: Unlike endosteal implants, subperiosteal dental implants rest on top of the bone but are still under your gums. A metal frame is placed below it with an attached post that heals around it for stability and support. False teeth are secured onto poles from the inside of your mouth, which come out through this hole where you originally had a tooth.
- Zygomatic Implants: In zygomatic implants, a metal frame with posts protrudes from it to keep them in place. This method can be used when patients don’t have enough jawbone or don’t want to go through a lot of procedures like with other types of implants.
A dental implant is an excellent option for many people who have a lot of missing teeth. Dental implants have a success rate of between 95% to 99%.
In addition to keeping you informed, our dental team will also support you throughout your treatment to ensure the success of your dental implant surgery. However, there are still several factors that will depend on the condition of your teeth. These include the type of tooth that was extracted (maxillary or mandibular) as well as the number of teeth that were removed.
If you do not have enough bone volume, we can always recommend other options like dentures.
Dental implants are a fantastic way to replace lost teeth. If you take care of them, they will last a long time. Brush your teeth twice a day with toothpaste and floss once a day to maintain good oral hygiene. This prevents plaque accumulation, which leads to gum disease or other dental problems.
Lastly, make an appointment with your dentist once every six months. Our dental team can check the health of your mouth and assess if you need dental treatment.
You might experience some minor pain when you get a dental implant. Some people have to take time off work after undergoing surgery due to pain that can last for days or weeks. However, your dentist can provide pain-free treatment with modern dental technology that reduces pain by as much as 90%.
Many types of sedation are available (including moderate sedation), which means that patients who require more intense treatment like dental implants will have more options. This means that they will not experience any unnecessary discomfort during their treatment.