What is the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS)?
Who is it for and its benefits?
To be eligible for the Medicare Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS), a child must be :
- between the ages of 2-17 and
- The family must receive Family Tax Benefit A or a relevant Australian Government payment.
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) includes the following benefits for kids:
- The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) children program is available in every state and territory so that any public dental clinic can provide treatment as long as they accept Medicaid or CHIP. A private dentist may still charge you some out-of-pocket fees.
- The benefit limit is $1000 (for 2 calendar years)
- The Child Dental Benefits Schedule will cover dental services, including check-ups, routine cleaning, repairing cracked teeth, tooth fillings and root canals.
Why Choose Narre Warren Dental Care for Childrens Dentistry
Narre Warren Dental Care is the perfect place for your child to get their teeth checked. We offer a range of services that are tailored to children, and we’re open 6 days a week! With our Child Dental Benefits Schedule, you can save up to $1,000 on dental treatment in one year.
You won’t find another children’s dentist in Narre Warren with such an affordable service like ours. Our team will make sure your child has healthy teeth for years to come! And if they need children’s braces or any other orthodontic work done while they’re here, it’s all included in the price. It doesn’t matter what time of day it is – we’ll be there for them when they need us most.
Call us today at (03) 8774 6546 and book an appointment with one of our friendly staff members!
Book a Dental Check Up Today
Frequently asked questions
answers to some of our most frequently asked questions or browse through below for more information.
There are several basic dental services for children is included in the Child Dental Benefits Scheme:
- Fissure sealant
- Root canals
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule provides children with $1000 in funding for basic dental care over a two-year period. This means that they can get an exam and x-rays any time during this span without worrying about incurring out-of course costs! The child’s benefits start on January 1st if he/she is under 18 years old at that point.
You can spread out the $1,000 over two years or use it all at once.